Seamed Polish Edge:
Glass edges are sanded to a dull sharp edge. This is to make the glass safe to handle. Seamed edge is used if the glass is to be framed and in projects where the edges are not visible.
Beveled Polish Edge:
The edges of the glass are cut and polished in an angle. The bevel width around the glass can range in size from 1/2" to 1 1/2".
Pencil Polish Edge:
The side edge is rounded for a softer look.
House Polish Edge:
Sanding the entire 1/4" edge resulting in a matted finished edge.
Ogee Polish Edge:
A very elegant curved edge which is brightly polished.
The first step in selecting an edge is to consider the use of the glass. (Images do not represent actual Edging of glass.)
House Polish Edge
Pencil Polish Edge
Beveled Polish Edge
Seamed Polish Edge
Not sure of what type of Oval glass thickness you may need then read on.
Glass comes in several thicknesses. The first step to selecting the right thickness is to consider the use of the glass.
Thickness range for glass 1/16"- 1":
- 1/16" - 1/8" Used for windows & picture frames
- 3/16" Used for smaller table tops, windows certain shower enclosures (not frameless) and small shelves.
- 1/4" Used in larger table tops, single window or vanity type panes, shelves, door lights and hand rails.
- 3/8", 1/2", 3/4" & 1" Typically used in heavier projects for example unsupported table tops, heavy shelves (allowing additional support), glass walls or partitions and hand rails.
First Measure the Width then Measure the Height.
Oval Glass Thickness
What type of Edging should I choose?
How To Measure Your Custom Oval Cut Glass
How to measure with ruler.
* Images do not represent actual thickness of glass.
Ogee Polish Edge
Custom Cut Oval Glass